Pick Pack Boom is a one-day packaging design challenge/event for the creative souls to collaborate with the country’s leading brands. Meet other design-minded people, exchange ideas, and compete in a race against time to produce the best packaging prototype.
Come for the talks, stay for the challenge.
This event has two sessions: one for your inspiration, and another for the competition.
Session 1: Join the huddle and lend your ears to globally-renowned brands, Human Nature and Malagos Chocolates, as they talk about their brand, how they started, and the challenges they faced along the way. Find out what makes their brands work and how they used it to achieve international success.
Session 2: Light up a firework of ideas for this one – the second session is for the time-bound packaging design challenge. The challenge is to create an actual packaging prototype for the products of Human Nature and Malagos Chocolates.
Take the challenge and get creative for PICK PACK BOOM.
We’ll see you at the Design Center Exhibition Hall, Design Center Building, CCP Complex on 29 June 2017. Doors open at 8:00 AM.
1. Practicing designers, creatives, and engineers preferably with experience in branding, packaging and design
2. Recent graduates and student designers/creatives/engineering with strong interest in design, branding and packaging.
3. Media professionals and bloggers looking for new perspectives and behind the scenes look at ideation and brand building.
1. Fill out the registration form https://designcenter.ph/events/pickpackboom/registration/ in this link.
2. You will be receiving a confirmation of your registration.
3. Only the 1st 30 participants to register will be accommodated.
4. Deadline of registration is on 28 June, 6PM.
1. Each participant will receive a kit which contains the schedule of the programme, the brief regarding the Design Challenge and press kits from Human Nature and Malagos.
2. During the programme, participants will be asked to break into group and will undergo a design sprint.
3. Each group will be assigned to a designated station with materials that they would need for prototyping.
4. Prototypes will be presented by the groups and will be judged by a jury composed of industry experts including representatives from Human Nature and Malagos.
5. Winners will be announced at the end of the event
The contest will be judged by the jury based on the criteria:
Relevance to the product/ brand 20%
Overall Apprearance 20%
1. The winner/s of the competition will be announced after the event and will be given a Certificate of Recognition and a gift pack with products from Malagos and Human Nature.
2. The highlights of the event will be posted in the Official Facebook Page of Design Center.
Additional/ Tentative: Prototypes of the #PickPackBoomDCP will also be posted via Design Center’s Facebook Page.
Design Center of the Philippines
DCP Building, CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, 1300 Pasay City, Philippines
(632) 832-1112 to 19 | (632) 832-3649